1. Soak the Quails in slightly salted water overnight.
2. Put a casserole dish with a lid in a 300 degrees, pre-heated oven with a ¼ cup of water.
3. Prepare a frying pan with the dripping from the bacon. (Its good to have a lid handy as the quail really spits when added).
4. Brown your quail in the bacon dripping. Once they are browned, place in the pre-heated casserole dish.
5. After 15 minutes, add your seasoning and the cream.
6. After another 15 minutes, add the sherry and allow quail to cook for another 30 minutes.
7. After this time, remove the quail and allow to rest while you make the gravy.
8. To make the gravy, to the bacon dripping add the flour. Once this maixture has browned, add the lemon peel, Angostura and the cream and sherry mixture from the casserole. Stir to eliminate any lumps and serve.
‹ Back to Game Dishes